Thursday, November 8, 2007

Blast from the Past

I ran into Aaron with Aaron Imaging at Corey McNabb's Rockstar Workshop. I haven't seen him in a long time, so it was nice to catch up. He sent me some pictures of a wedding we did together back in 2005. This was one of the sweetest weddings I have done because both the bride and the groom were deaf, and the love that the shared shone through them. When the saxophone player with The Asheville Gentlemen played a song, they both laid their hands on the instrument so they could 'listen' to the music. There was not a dry eye in the place. I had to share these pictures...







Here are some very kind words from Aaron...

"In the summer of '05 I got a call from a gentleman in North Dakota. He said his youngest daughter had been dreaming of her wedding day all her life and he planned on making it one she would never forget. He said the wedding might be different from most I photograph. The groom and his family are from Puerto Rica and speak little to no English. I told him that was cool, I do allot of international weddings. Then he told me the bride and groom are both deaf and speak sign language. Wow! A special needs, three language, high end wedding, sounds like a recipe for disaster to me!

Arriving on location the wedding day, I could tell from the first moment the day was going to go well. I was greeted by a full time ASL interpreter, who had come from Raleigh. I did not know there were full time ASL interpreters. Who finds people like this? At the end of the day, I knew whoever found her, found the best.

The musicians were incredible! But why have top notch musicians at a deaf wedding? I learned soon enough..... Lisa and Alberto can FEEL the music together with their hands. Wow again, who thinks of this stuff?

The minister and interpreter worked together like they were one person. The minister was very sensitive to the bride and groom's needs and gave them a ceremony that I know did not come out of any book.

I was given ample time and help to photograph the couple and we had a blast. Dinner was nothing short of spectacular and the cake was elegant. A perfect wedding ended with some toasts that left no dry eyes. Dad delivered his promise to his girl, she got her dream wedding.

It turns out Tara Jordan was the hero behind the scenes, thinking of the little things that made the day, making the potential nightmare wedding into a dream wedding. So it does not surprise me one bit that Weddings with Tara has quickly risen above the crowd and became a premier service for the discerning bride. Keep up the great work!"

3 comments:

aaron said...

Yep, that was a memorable wedding! Thanks again for the behind the scenes work!

Verge Events said...

So great having lunch yesterday! We need to do that more often ~ but please, no mushies :)

Libby Brady said...

This wedding story is so emotional and sweet! We had fun the other night, too...I told Tim about Jonathan's snake stories all the way home.. you guys are awesome! Let's do it again soon!
Hugs!