Monday, February 18, 2008

Kate and Kevin

Kate and Kevin's wedding was spectacular. With specialty lighting, flowers by The Bloom Room, and the beauty of Homewood...It felt and looked like a dream. When Kate and I first talked, she told me her mother had passed away from breast cancer just a few years back. Kate wanted to make sure that this wedding reflected her mom's love, beauty and grace. Since pink is the signature color for breast cancer awareness, we fused this color into every detail in her mother's memory. In the planning process, I discovered Kate loved feathers, hanging crystals and candlelight, so we used these to accent the entire wedding. Fortunately, we had Corey McNabb and his associate, Amber, covering the event to capture all of the gorgeous details! I feel blessed to have worked with Kate and Kevin in planning such a wonderful occasion. They will always hold a special place in my heart... I am certainly happy that they decided to come all the way from Houston, Texas, to have their wedding in the mountains of North Carolina! What better place is there? :)



Kate and her wonderful dad, Tom.


Programs by Baggie Goose!








The always perfect calligraphy of Dana with A Fine Line Studio. She was responsible for all the calligraphy on the place cards, table cards and other touches...Thank you, Dana!






The P.I.N.K Ribbon cocktail was their signature drink for the evening, and it was chilled as it flowed through an intricate ice carving by Masterpiece Ice.

Look at this cake by Cakes by Jane! Wow!! It was perfect...


Joanna (singer) and Lief (above) with Orange Krush kept the crowd dancing! They are awesome!


I love this picture of Kate with her dad...



I'm not even going to ask... :)


2 comments:

Jill McNabb said...

Such beautiful details! I can literally feel how special this wedding was through the photos. Great job, Tara! I love that you are able to turn what is important to a couple into important details of their wedding. You're fantastic at what you do.

Verge Events said...

this is beautiful! i love the lighting inside homewood!
hope you are well, nicole